Saturday 5 May 2012

Album finished!

The first of our record projects is complete. I made the final adjustments and tweaks and it's ready to be manufactured. I learned a lot during the making of the record. To be precise, I relearned a lot. I'd spent a lot of time recording before I was diagnosed with leukaemia in 2009 and when I went back into the studio in January,I'd forgotten how to work the software. That's not a problem now. I relearned all that and leaned some more from my mentor Andy. I'm posting a track on Soundcloud in the next day or so. We're just deciding which tracks to use. The next date in our diary will be in two weeks time when we travel up to Whitby for the annual Gospel Music Convention- hence the rush to get the project finished. Dave the bass player is unavailable due to other commitments so we've roped in old friend Will, who recently moved up to Filey and will play bass for us. We have chosen a dozen tracks for the weekend. I expect to play 3 or four songs each night as part of a show that features a host of acts, compered by George Hamilton IV and featuring my old friend Paul Wheater, known everywhere as Yorkshire's Jim Reeves. We have plans to release several albums this year- the Gospel Album, which was requested by fans after last year's Gospel Convention. Although not strictly a DCB album, all the band are playing on the album. We'll be releasing an album (or two) of the music we play in the pubs, followed by an album (or two) of our folk music set. Finally I have an idea for a Johnny Cash tribute album. I won't say any more at this time- just watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment