Thursday 10 May 2012

Dave Clemo Gospel Album- Mystery

Dave Clemo Gospel Album- Mystery (Click on the link) Here's a sneak preview of the Gospel Album. I wrote the song a dozen or so years ago and recorded it soon afterwards. When I was choosing songs for the gospel album this was a no-brainer as it really suits our sound. Chris plays cajon, Dave W plays double bass, Vince added some guitar and I played guitar, mandolin and sang. I enjoyed the recording process although it takes a completely different mindset to playing live. I hadn't been in the studio for a couple of years and had to relearn all the technology so it took a bit longer than I expected, but it's worked out well. Gospel music isn't everyone's music of choice, and so I was careful not to get too theological but to concentrate on good songs and musicianship. Which is as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment