Friday 15 January 2021

Same song- two versions

 This is a song that I co-wrote with Jerry Arhelger back in 2006 or 2007. This version of the song was recorded in 2008 during an impromptu session with my son Chris on drums and his friend Jay on guitar. I showed them the basic song then we got to work on the arrangement. What turned out was an almost 'Brown Sugar' style version of what was originally a good-time folky country thing. I recorded an acoustic version of the song on my 2013 album 'Hard Times'. 

Here are both versions. I created a video of the electric version and posted it on YouTube. The acoustic version can be heard on Soundcloud. 

Let me know what you think?



Acoustic version here-

https://soundcloud.com/dave-clemo-547315199/dave-clemo-im-too-busy-drinking-for-thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment